"Faith Formation and Academic Excellence since 1955"
St. Catherine Laboure School
Student-Parent Chromebook Use Agreement
Please read and discuss the following Chromebook Use Agreement with your child. This agreement must be signed by the student and a parent or guardian before a Chromebook will be issued to the student. The Chromebook is the property of St. Catherine Laboure and is to be returned at the end of the school year in good condition.
Students are responsible for the general care of the Chromebook, charger and power cord. Any Chromebook that is lost, damaged or fails to work properly must be reported immediately to the Tech Team.
Do not attempt to repair the Chromebook at any time. All repairs will go through the school Tech Team. It is the responsibility of the family to pay for a lost or stolen Chromebook including protective case, charger, cord, and stylus. If the Chromebook is damaged the family will be charged for the cost to repair or the cost of replacement. Cost is determined by the Technology team, and payment is expected within 1 week of notification. Failure to pay for necessary repairs or replacement may result in the loss of a student’s privilege to access/use SCL technology going forward.
1. Students may not put stickers or decals on the Chromebook.
2. Students are required to bring a fully charged Chromebook to class each day.The charger should not be brought to school. It is important to always use the correct charger.
3. Students should keep their Chromebook in the provided padded protective case when not being used.
4. At no time should a Chromebook, not in the protective case, be placed on the floor.
5. The Chromebooks are provided for educational purposes and are managed through Google Workspace for Education.
6. The Chromebooks have filtering and tracking software. Parents are encouraged to monitor home use as an additional level of security.
7. Students must adhere to our school’s internet acceptable use agreement.
8. Chromebooks are not to be loaned or borrowed from other students.
9. Students will not use the Chromebook microphone to record any student or teacher unless for academic purposes and only with the other person’s permission.
10. Passwords should not be shared with anyone but the homeroom teacher and student's parents. Accessing another person’s Chromebook account is strictly prohibited.
11. The Chromebook should not be modified in any way that will permanently alter the device physically and/or electronically. The identification label must remain on the Chromebook.
12. Students may not access websites that do not support the learning goal(s) of the current curriculum, streaming services, games etc. without specific knowledge and consent of the supervising teacher/staff member for each individual instance.
13. Students that violate this policy may be subject to disciplinary action including losing the privilege of using a Chromebook or other device while at school except under the most restrictive of circumstances.
14. We agree to comply at all times with the St. Catherine Laboure School Chromebook Use Agreement. We understand that there are no rights of confidentiality on the Chromebook and that the contents, email, information regarding Internet usage and network communications can be reviewed at any time at the discretion of the school administration. St. Catherine Laboure will cooperate fully with local, state, or federal officials in any investigation concerning or relating to violations of computer crime laws.
Chromebook and device screens can be easily damaged. The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure.
Do not place anything on top of the Chromebook.
Do not lean or put pressure on the top of the Chromebook when it is closed.
Do not place anything in the carrying case or sleeve that will press against the cover.
Do not poke the screen with anything that will mark or scratch the screen surface. (Example: pencils)
Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid. (Example: pens, pencils, stylus, etc.)
Do not use cleaners, sprays, alcohol, ammonia or abrasives on the Chromebook or device.
Clean the screen with a soft, dry microfiber cloth or anti-static cloth.